So I plodded along today. I tried to push myself going up those hills and found that I actually slowed when I was going down. As soon as I turned the corner for the last tenth of a mile, it was as if my body knew I was almost home. Without thinking about it, my stride lengthened, my pace quickened and I was sprinting home. I do wonder if I hold back just a little bit during the run in order to push hard at the end? Sometimes I get lost in my thoughts and then I realized that I am running at the pace of a turtle and have to remind myself to pick it up. Today, the five miles seemed like nothing, which tells me that I have a good base built up. I only hope that when race day comes, I will have enough to finish strong at the end.
Kiera got her shots today. She didn't like it too much. Gavin got to inhale his flu shot which made him very happy. Not sure when I can get by with Aidan, but I need to do it before they run out.
It will be a fun evening with neighborhood friends coming over for dinner and tons of election day conversation. We are eagerly anticipating the announcement of our new president! It will be fun to see how the race unfolds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment